LEBANONESQUE

Impressions, views, and steam-blowing by a lonesome cowboy.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Fatfat: Threatened? Write a chain letter

Thank you God. Thank you God a million times for taking me out and away from my original country of idiots.

I once swore I would never ever again put my safety and my family’s in the hands of the incompetent fools who run Lebanon and its security. And I get daily confirmation that I should stick, ever more strongly, to this stance.

My previous post(s) mentioned this sick Lebanese habit/tradition on the part of our leaders and officials. “I know who stole/killed/bombed but I am not saying” and the sycophantic press never thinks of asking the obvious follow-up questions.

Now, the man who IS ACTUALLY AND CURRENTLY in charge of security has information on the recent rockets fired at the UN building in broad daylight, and information on threats directed at HIM and at the country’s PRIME MINISTER. What is he, Ahmad Fatfat, going to do?

He is going to write a secret letter and lock it in a safe somewhere in case something bad happens to him??????

From the Naharnet story, full story HERE:

Acting Interior Minister Ahmad Fatfat said Saturday that he has put in handwriting "something" related to threats he had received aimed at him as well as at Premier Fouad Saniora.

He [Fatfat] said the perpetrators of such attacks belong to a "colossal security body, state bodies."

That’s right Faftat! Copy the above sentence 500 times, seal it in an official envelope, and hide it well until the next horrible crime happens.

(The other Lebanese curse is that we apparently have to acknowledge that Ahmad Fatfat is better than most, same with Sanioura/Seniora)

And BTW, to those of you who left the country recently, your government which can’t protect its own ass (nor its head, which is which is another story) wants you and your loved ones to come back. And don't forget to bring your lifetime savings with you. They want you to invest in the economy just in time for the next war.

I wrote somewhere else I am close to not giving a damn anymore. I think most Lebanese are getting there too.

4 Comments:

  • At 10/23/06, 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Josey, the Lebanese in you is growing up. Your parents went through the same thing, as did their parents. Its the curse of being born in the glorious land of the Cedars.

    If you decide not to not give a damn, you better stick to your guns, otherwise you will be forever tormented.

    Take care.

     
  • At 10/23/06, 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I envy you. Everything is so simple in your simple mind. Good and evil. Black and White. Heroes and evildoers. You don't like sthg, you decide not to give a damn anymore.You're much more irresponsible than the fellows you criticize.
    Stay in Bush country and leave Lebanon alone. If you don't give a damn, we don't give a damn about a hothead like you.

     
  • At 10/23/06, 6:16 PM, Blogger JoseyWales said…

    Thanks s.

    Paul,

    Some things are, or should be, black and white; I expect my security chief to say who is responsible for mayhem and to go after the SOB's when he's got information implicating them. Or else resign.

    Is that too much to ask? Or you prefer to intellectualize and rationalize everything which how we got here in the first place?

    I am a "hothead" because I want security and law in my country??

    I am an insignifcant blogger but I do what I can which is to try to point out the right questions and/or to suggest solutions.

    Unlike s I refuse to accept the "curse", the day I do I will be happier but I'll shut down this blog or start blogging about music.

    Finally Paul I don't need your advice on running my life. Answer me one thing:

    You accept baloney answers like: [Fatfat] said the perpetrators of such attacks belong to a "colossal security body, state bodies." ?

    If he knows enough to say that, he knows what state or states are involved. He should say it out loud to deter them, to put pressure on their Lebanese allies and agents. He should shut down their embassies (if they have one) etc...Too tough for Fatfat? RESIGN.

     
  • At 10/24/06, 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The agents of Syria in action:
    Chehayeb « félicite » Naïm Kassem pour sa déclaration sur l’allégeance du Hezbollah à l’axe syro-iranien.
    « Le Hezbollah a peut-être déclenché la guerre pour éviter d’être désarmé », affirme Le Caire

     

<< Home